Bringing Value to Clients, Beyond the Financials
Yes, I’m a CFO and my expertise is built on Financial Intelligence. But my work with a company is not just about profitability and cash flow. I care about the business as a whole and, while understanding the sensitivity associated with a client’s money, I want to also be able to speak to issues beyond those that are financial. Having built my own $20 million company, I can relate to issues clients face and share insight into overcoming challenges they encounter.
Wired to get to know people, relationships are a foundation of my business. I’m my highest and best self and do my best work when I have healthy personal connections with my clients. My aim is to assume the role of trusted advisor, and I dedicate efforts up front to developing solid relationships and gaining trust.
My marketing team recently interviewed some of my clients to ask why they choose to work with me and how they view the value I contribute to their business. I appreciate the kind words from clients who referred to me as accessible, knowledgeable, trustworthy, honest, grounded, easy to work with, a good listener, and a trusted advisor. These comments are indicative of the kinds of relationships I work to cultivate. I’d like to share some additional feedback below that affirms the value clients find in both the financial and interpersonal aspects of my approach to serving them.
What Rick brings to the table, in his clients’ words:
- Unique insight from the top down and into the details of the business
- Rick gets down into the trenches to figure out how to do it better.
- When you think of a CFO you don’t think of them rolling their sleeves up to get it done.
- Rick really listened; he understood what we needed.
- I didn’t know what was broken – just that things weren’t where they needed to be.
- Rick can meet and work with a number of different personalities.
- Working with Rick feels like a partnership.
- Mentorship and guidance; he’s someone to talk through challenges with.
- A better understanding of financial projections, comfort in knowing it’s right, less worry about money and managing cash flow
- An understanding of running a business
- Typical “numbers people” are rigid – but he knows what it’s like to sit in my shoes.
- Wise outside eyes to look at financials and reporting; flags issues and knows how we can improve
- An owner’s/big picture perspective – doesn’t just look at the numbers
- Peace of mind
I’d welcome the opportunity to partner with you to get and keep your company on track for growth. Watch this short video to learn more about the value I can bring to your business. Then schedule a complimentary 60-minute consultation to discuss your company’s financial position, needs and opportunities.